It’s 8:30 pm and my three-year-old daughter comes to my office for a goodnight kiss. However, she stops in the doorway and starts laughing at me.
What? I wonder. What did I do?
“Mom! Why are you wearing your sunglasses?” she exclaims.
Oh. Yeah. I forgot about the sunglasses.
Even a three-year-old knows it’s ridiculous to wear sunglasses at night, but what’s a blurry-eyed editing-mode mom supposed to do? No amount of eye drops or tinkering with screen settings seems to help my agitated eyes. So… Corey Hart meet Maui Jim meet mom-on-a-mission.
It’s now 12:45 am.
I wear my sunglasses at night.
Contests! Here are a few coming up:
- February 28th. WOW! Women on Writing Winter 2014 Flash Fiction Contest. Details here.
- February 28th. The Manchester Writing for Children Prize 2014. Details here.
- March 1st. The Writers’ Union of Canada Short Prose Competition. Details here.
- March 3rd. 2014 Askew’s Foods’ Word on the Lake Writing Contest (Shuswap Association of Writers). Details here.
- April 30th. 2014 Bristol Short Story Prize. Details here.
Write away! Write now!